Welcome to Encino
Located in the San Fernando Valley, Encino is a quiet, upscale community with lush green spaces, cozy cafes, historic buildings, gated community houses, and sports venues. Removed from the more frenetic pace of downtown Los Angeles yet offering easy access thanks to its close proximity to the 101 and 405, Encino is a popular choice for families, entertainment insiders, and working professionals. Single-family Encino luxury homes with sizable yards populate the laid-back community, from mid-century moderns to ranch-style houses.
What to Love
● Los Encinos State Historic Park: Outfitted with historic buildings (including a blacksmith shop and a two-story limestone structure), a pond, and a natural spring, this verdant plot of land is ideal for leisurely walks and picnics.
● Tapia Brothers Inc.: This open-air produce market offers a seasonal sampling of fresh fruits and vegetables, from corn on the cob to pumpkins.
● Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area: Outfitted with tennis courts, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, and more, this is the go-to spot for athletic individuals. There’s also a 6.5-acre Japanese garden, picnic areas, and plenty of room to play frisbee.
People & Lifestyle
Encino is a popular choice for both families and working professionals. Houses for sale in Encino CA continue to be in high demand.
Running right through Encino, Ventura Boulevard serves as the heartbeat of the city thanks to a never-ending supply of restaurants, shops, and cafes. Head to Encino Commons, a walkable shopping and dining area, for brunch or entertainment. Offering Belgian waffles, crepes, and French toast, More Than Waffles is an ideal spot to grab brunch before heading to Coral Tree Cafe or Street Cafe by Aroma for coffee.
On Sunday, October 7, the Chamber of Commerce will host the 31st Annual Encino Family Festival. The festivities will include crafts, food, live entertainment, and kids’ activities. Residents can also head to the Encino Municipal Golf Course to play a round of golf.
Encino is part of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
● Encino Elementary Charter School [K-5]
● Westmark School [private school serving grades 2-12]
● Gaspar De Portola Middle School [6-8; in Tarzana but serves Encino]
● High Tech High School [9-12; charter school in Lake Balboa that serves Encino]
● Daniel Pearl Journalism & Communications High School [9-12; magnet school in Lake Balboa that serves Encino]
Interested in getting a tour of Encino luxury homes for sale? Contact Joyce Rey today to schedule a private showing.