I receive this interesting little newsletter each month about Los Angeles Escrow dealings and found these top tips to completing a timely escrow very helpful and wanted to share with you since I know many of you are in real estate as well.
Top 10 reasons for pulled recordings:
- Sloppy handwriting on the document.
- Used black ink instead of blue.
- Tax Rate Area/APN numbers aren’t on the deeds.
- No return address!
- Didn’t set up the files for recording ahead of time, delaying the actual recording.
- Incorrect document stamps and names on grant deed
- Transfer tax affidavit incomplete.
- Illegible Notary seals
- Ink on documents is too light to scan
- Distorted documents have faded lines